About Asia-Pacific society of osseointegration (APSO)
The Asia Pacific Society of Osseointegration (APSO) was formed in 2019 by a group of dental clinicians from various countries within the Asia Pacific region, who saw a need to foster education and advancement in the field of osseointegration for dental practitioners in their region.
Its objective is to bring together dental practitioners and professionals with interests in the field of Osseointegration and its related disciplines to share research and information. It is a non-profit organization aiming to share knowledge, learn, and propel implant dentistry in the Asia Pacific region.
The first Annual Meeting of APSO was held in Kuala Lumpur at the beginning of 2020. A Pro-Tem Executive Board was elected to include representatives from oral surgery, periodontics, prosthodontics, and general practice.
APSO serves as an avenue where specialists and generalists come together to:
- To bring the latest continuous educational experience in implant dentistry.
- To promote the dissemination of current concepts among dental practitioners to expand treatment options and improve public health around this region.
- To share relevant, evidence-based techniques to integrate into clinical practice for the improvement of patient care.
- To promote global exchange of innovative procedures and research in restorative and surgical techniques in the field of osseointegration and related disciplines.
- To explore technological breakthroughs in implant dentistry and their impact on clinical practice without forsaking patient's interest and safety.